The overnight assault on11 September is the latest in a string of brutal incidents and ongoing gang violence that have plagued the country since last year.   In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Mr. Guterres expressed “heartfelt condolences” to the victims’ families and urged Haitian authorities to pursue justice....
Since the initial earthquake on Sunday in eastern Nangarhar province, landslides and several strong aftershocks have disrupted the work of rescue teams. In an update, the UN Children’s Fund, UNICEF, said that access routes remain blocked in various locations including the districts of Chawkay and Nurgal, both in Kunar province, although...
He said the Houthis entered the premises of the World Food Programme (WFP) in the capital, Sana’a, and seized UN property, in addition to attempting to enter other UN premises in the city. The Houthis, also known as Ansar Allah, have been battling Yemeni Government forces, backed by a Saudi-led...
Haitians are enduring a “perfect storm of suffering” the UN Secretary-General António Guterres told the Security Council on Thursday as gang violence continues to paralyse daily life across the island. Around 1.3 million people – half of them children – have fled their homes and six million are relying on humanitarian assistance. Follow...
Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="128"]